How familiar are you with nature and animals in the outdoors?
Take the quiz below and find out! The answers are either “True” or “False”.
The answers can be found at the bottom of this page.
1. The bald eagle has webbed feet?
2. Snowshoe hares have wide, turned feet to help them walk on snow more easily?
3. Mammals can have an unequal number of toes on front and hind feet?
4. Gnawed trees are evidence of a beaver?
5. Ground squirrel's (gophers) live in a single-chambered underground burrow?
6. All sharks are potential man-eaters?
7. No one has ever survived the bite of a King cobra?
8. Wolves rarely if ever attack man?
9. The gecko is the only venomous lizard?
10. Wasps die after stinging?
11. All venomous snakes have fangs at the front of their mouths?
12. Vampire bats can transmit rabies?
Internet Safety For Children, Parents And Educators
(Educational area, games and more! – For ages 5 to 16)
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) For Kids
(Great site for emergency and disaster information and games!)
FBI For Kids – Kindergarten To 5th Grade
FBI For Kids – 6th To 12th Grades
United States Department of Justice (USDOJ) – Justice For Kids
(Great site for law enforcement and safety information and games!)
United States Fire Administration (USFA) For Kids
(Great site for fire related safety information and games!)
FirstGov For Kids
The United States Government Interagency Kids Portal. The portal provides links to sites on topics such as: Arts, Careers, Computers, Environment, Geography, Government, Health, History, Money, Music, Plants, Animals, Recreation, Math, Science, Safety, Space, Transportation, etc.
Top on-line reference with an almanac, encyclopedia, dictionary, atlas, ideas for science projects, other activities and more !
Help for kids, and information on pre-algebra, algebra and geometry
Kids games, games and more games
Answers To The Nature And Animal Quiz